Forum Replies Created
Maybe the starting brothers pass on their origin bonus skills to the rest of the company before they die…
Thanks for the tip about The Black Company – just started reading it and I’m enjoying it a lot.
I’ve also noticed The Falkenberg Legion running about in the game, which could originate from Jerry Pournelle’s “Future History” books – I just finished re-reading some after spotting the Legion in-game. It’s sci-fi rather than fantasy, but well worth a try!
3) Using the mouse wheel to scroll inside the inventory or market windows scrolls too fast (going all the way from top to bottom in one mouse wheel movement).
At the moment it’s “The Artful Dodgers” for me, made up of one captain and 11 Dodge and Nimble melee guys.
My other favourites were: “Hugo’s Headhunters”, using Head Hunter and Push the Advantage perks (and named after the ancient Battle Brothers hero Hugo from back where half the roster seemed to be made up of Hugos ;-), and “The Reaper’s Legion”, with the scythe banner.
So little time, so many perk combos to play with.
Nice idea, I think I’ll try that too ;-)
I also share JayneCobb88’s frustration with the new “save-scumm-proofed” randomised stats, although it’s not so bad that I’ve stopped enjoying the game (after 147 hours play so far). My (admittedly subjective) view is that I’ve also being seeing lots of +1s.
All three stat level-up mechanics tried so far have their pros and cons. The trouble with the original random system, and the new “save-scumm-proofed” one, is that the development of my brothers is chosen partly by me (by the stats I choose) and partly by the RNG; at the moment it feels like my choice has low impact, and the RNG is too dominant.
I’d like to have more control over how my brothers develop, but I still want to agonise over which stats to choose, and have to worry that specialising too much in one stat will mean dangerous weaknesses in others.
A system that might work would be to have fixed upgrades, but instead of being fixed per stat, have it fixed by the order you choose your 3 upgrades: perhaps +4 for the first chosen attribute, +3 for the second and +2 for the third (or maybe +3, +2, +1; or +4, +2, +1…whatever balances). This would allow more specialised builds (but retains the necessary conflict that specialising in one area requires sacrifices in other areas).
An optional “show tree stumps only” function would be very handy on forest maps.
Squibie’s idea of a “stumps only” graphics option in forests gets a vote from me also – the trees look great, but I’d love to be able to see the grid and pieces too.
Ah, how annoying that it’s something outside your control!
I haven’t seen seen that error again since 0.4.0.34, so hopefully fixed.
Something else though:
7) Got a false positive from Avast! anti-virus for BattleBrothers.exe (for Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]), see attached screenie. (Version 0.4.0.38.)
EDIT: I reported this to Avast, but didn’t send them the BattleBrothers.exe file.
Rap, just got that onSpawnFlies error again, on version 0.4.0.32. Steam’s telling me there’s an update, so maybe your fix went in after 0.4.0.32. Anyway, log file attached!
Hi Rap, this one’s a bit more malignant!
6. Version 0.4.0.30 (I think): crash during a battle with orcs.
5. Version 0.4.0.24. Spotted another rather benign bug. When in a battle, select a skill for your brother (such as “aimed shot” for an archer) and the battlefield gets its overlay to show the range and possible targets: then, enter the inventory and swap to a different weapon (for example, from using the bow to using a melee weapon) and close the inventory UI – the “aimed shot” overlay is still visible on the battlefield.
2 and 3 already fixed, great!
4. Mid-battle the AI gets stuck trying to do the turn of a ghoul, at which point there is no way to proceed except to retreat from the battle. In this state, the battlefield can’t be dragged around with the mouse either – perhaps I was trying to drag the battlefield around while the game was also trying to move the view position to its own unit?
I just started a new game, and the Fangshire helmet is showing up, woot!
Looks the the Steam DLC thing is all resolved.