Topic: Paul´s Art Corner

• Author
    Participant

Hey guys.
    To answer returning questions: Yes there will be more different tactical environments, including dungeons and whatever else we want to do :) So the sky is the limit.

Here are a few fake screenshots of how those might look like when we get them into the game!

Village

Snow

Dungeon

That’s AWESOME!
    I just hope when I’m stopping the orcs in the villages, those village leaders could offer me some coins for the urgent mission :)

Keymaster

Believe me, I am just as excited to get this as you are .)

Overhype Studios - Let´s roll!

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Inactive

These three different mock ups could really change the way battles work. Love the ideas of lighting effects in dungeons, and foot print tracking in the snowy landscapes.

Makes me wonder will we be seeing a snow related faction at some point down the line? I want nomadic dwarf like clans (think wildlings from game of thrones but dwarfs, dwarves who don’t speak the tongue of men) with their mammoths and giants!!! guerrilla warfare in the snowy expanse to the north. It fits the germanic mythos, no one said they had to be a playable faction and friendly! give me angry mountain folk, with beards!!!! make it happen Overhype :D

Keymaster

The snowy north and other scarcely inhabited areas will move more towards the center of attention once we have the hunt for legendary artifacts in the game.
    Although we dont have concrete plans for a specific “snowland” faction yet our plan is to create culture specific add ons after the full release. These would cover one big cultural setting each for example “the north”. This would include everything: items, characters (looks and backgrounds), environment, legendaries and of course enemies. I can imagine that way its possible that some kind of snowland enemy faction (or two) will make it into the game.

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Really looking forward to bottlenecks like the bridge and cramped hallways of the dungeon! There’s something really tense about a fight where it’s all about outlasting each other or holding back overwhelming numbers with a few men. I’m expecting undead to be a nightmare to fight in something like a dungeon – desperately taking potshots at the necromancer to stop him, while accidentally shooting my own guys in the head. Environmental factors like that can completely change how you approach a battle, it’s why picking a battlefield that favours you has always been one of the most important parts of strategy. I remember being really disappointed by how Rome Total War didn’t let you intentionally recreate the battle of Thermopylae.

The Orc Chief design really makes him stands out, especially the size of his tusks compared to other Orcs. Reinforces the predator theme they’ve got going on. I’ve learned by now to accept the shoulder spikes . . . just as long as you don’t put skulls on them. My poor heart can’t take anymore shoulder skulls. :P

Keymaster

Haha, had to go with the big shoulders in this one special case. It wont happen again I promise :)

Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Do you plan to also introduce a tileset for battlemaps in the tundra region? No trees lots of small and big rocks and so on.

"I am a Paladin!"
    >OMG, Malthus, there are no damn paladins in Battle Brothers...<
    "OK, OK! Then I´m a wrecked down minstrel drunkard pretending to be a paladin, singing so wrong in the midst of battle that even the undead run in fear... Better?!"

Keymaster

Of course. All worldmap terrain will be represented on the tactical combat maps eventually.

Overhype Studios - follow us!
    Facebook Youtube
    Twitter

Participant

Although we dont have concrete plans for a specific “snowland” faction yet our plan is to create culture specific add ons after the full release.

Winter is comming, vikings are howling.

Participant

I’ve been looking a bit closer at some of the details on the enemies. I’m liking how there’s little touches present in the art that make units feel more distinctive and more real. Like eyes rolled back at death, or how the armour of the Orcs seems to come apart at the seams when damaged, reflecting the lore idea of Orcs being shoddy craftsmen. It really gives some grounding to the fighting that’s taking place, without shoving it in the players face with extreme zoom on death.

Haha, had to go with the big shoulders in this one special case. It wont happen again I promise :)

That’s a relief. I think you’ve struck a good balance so far between giving the Orcs a hulking physique plus ditto armour, without resorting to them becoming outright cartoonish. Same for other units. It’s a bit of European elegance that I often miss in games from American developers. :P

Participant

The little flags that pop up with Confident morale have been brought up before, I know. I was thinking: instead of designing perfect replicas of whatever flag the player has, why not just make different primary colors?

Example: let’s say that I’m playing a company whose primary color is green. Instead of having a blue flag, it’s green. The gold lion remains, no matter what my company standard has on it. That’s it.

Would that be doable or still a lot of work?

Inactive

@Meeky

I like that idea, if the banner’s primary colour (and perhaps logo) could be represented that would be awesome. Exact replicas arnt important if they atleast capture the primary colour (and for me logo). A Dire wolf on a white field, will always be a Stark, no matter which way you look at it :P

A system that just track the colour and logo, seems a lot less complex than what I originally suggested. Kudos, for coming up with a simpler suggestion.

Participant

I honestly don’t think even the logo would be necessary since there will be a lot of logos. Besides, the lion historically represents bravery; and what are Confident soldiers if not brave?

I’d be happy with either result though. But the primary color is most important.

Inactive

@Meeky

Yeah I totally agree about the colour. Its jarring when I see a blue flag being raised by my Black Iron Company member’s who’s banner is BLACK ;)

The only reason why I suggest perhaps including logo diversity is because the different teams may both have the same primary colour. But I agree flag colour is most important to me aswell

Participant

Perhaps it would be better to represent the positive morale some other way than a flag. The blue flag is just a representation not an actual flag.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.