Forum Replies Created
Still need :
1. puncture +
surround meh rework
2. Orc morale up.( at least warriors)
3. Full berserkers ai rework and also their moral (berserk can’t loose morale but can up only by own kills)
Same here. 6 men made for tactical games more then AAA companies for 10 years. Your fan for all times…Even if next project will be with elfs, magic and legs!
Top tip enemies( and too strong by game lore) like orc warriors, warlord, berserkers, chosen, honor guard. bandit leader must be immune to disarm like monolit boss have or at least have real penalty to be disarmed by yestarday’s peasants,waiters and other lousy weak people!
So: some suggestions for improving the game.
Unfortunately, we have some clearly unbalanced or illogical things. They are like a fly in the ointment in our delicious barrel of honey with a game.
1. This is the problem of “undressing” by daggers surrounded and panicking targets. Which comes from a too strong second-strike dagger in the mechanics of the game.
2. Involvement of the units in the battle with the player’s opponents.
3. AI and morale of Orc Berserkers and Warlords.
1. First of all, I completely agree with the suggestion of the respected TOXAsh http://battlebrothersgame.com/forums/topic/suggestions-forum/page/9/#post-25444 about changing for % of health damage to check morality. When a bandit who has lost 15 health out of 60 for a blow from a dagger throws a moral test, this is normal, but when 2 hits of 15 in the orc warrior with his health make him panic, it looks bad.
Then need to change the behavior of a completely surrounded panicking enemy. If he has nowhere to run, then he should have a chance to return morality every turn or to inflict several perhaps even 12 AP attacks on the enemies surrounding him with reduced accuracy.
I would also prohibit the use of a puncture if there is no dagger mastery for situations when the actual chance of hitting it will be below 5%. For player and AI.
2. Friendly AI like caravan or other merc bands or army should not take part in battles that are clearly not beneficial to them. If a group of mercenaries does not believe that they can defeat the enemy, it should not fight on the side of the player and serve him as a live and free shield just because he brought a pack of orcs to meet them.
The developers have already taken several steps in this direction, having made important fights like the city of goblins, the first kraken and monolith starting in the event and not allowing other groups to be involved there. You can take another step
3. I suggest to rework the Berserkers AI as well as their morality.
Now berserkers are more like cunning but inept goblins that are trying to get around you a long way to get at the same time a bunch of shots even in those situations where a fast charge would be much more effective. Looks stange.
Аnd resolve … a panicked berserker is reminiscent of an honest politician … nonsense
I suggest to make the morale of the berserkers personal and linear.
Berserk can not lose morale, but it can only increase it by own hits only.
I also suggest increas the morale bonus for all orcs while there is a warlord on the field and increas the morale of the warlord himself. Also make sure that a warlord can lose his morale only with his own wounds.
As usuall with perfect english ( no), Rus Bear.
More than a year ago, I already wrote that the existing system ” surround and spam daggers” of fleeing opponents spoils the game. I agree with this suggestion. Let those who love sexual games with daggers continue to do this – but give normal players a different way of getting armor. Normally time-consuming, relatively complex and logical.
I am sure, intelligent people will write to you about the bias effect and the inconsistency of the allegations of pseudo random from the point of view of mathematics.
I will answer the same as during last several years for bb newcomers in our community – “the choice of a new banner – is part of the gameplay.”
To tell the truth, me personal have same feeling in some way. Most of all about “armor nerf strategic” in B@E DLC. Apls, Hexes and 1st nimble was very bad. Then we got little balance about all this stuff. So now if even ” my way to play” is little broken, but if unbiased – game got more options to play. You can use “no fatigue brothers”, initiative can be used as battle and tactic stat too. More tactics and planing need. So when i remember black interface and 3 branch skill tree – i understand that game makes greate step forward each big update and dlc. It is more importand then some little things that i don’t like personal.
Whips disarm – too powerfull option for game mech even if it will have 6 ap fo hit. Enemies usuall have no reserve weapons. Work good for all “hard” tipes like warriors and top acient undead. Has 3 tile range. We have already crazy daggers.We had naked 75% nimble, QH shield abuse, 4 arbalestes in pocket… no need make 1 more error.
Necromaner’s guards AI was changed? Can’t say that it is better now – necromancer open for archers and his “guards” do stranges moves now – 1 step forward to battle 1 sted back to necromancer but at that same moment do not act in battle and do not cover necromancer
Thank you , Paul. You just draw my new avatar for some forums )
Glad to see that all this years the Paint God blessing is still on you.
And i wish to say that all content that you made for North Warriors DLC looks great. 100% in target
We have goblins and miracle-marksmen, who shoot with 5 % often then you with 50%. Why not we have horned helmet for “nord” barbarians? It is also fantasy, at least )
So. As the new origins stories were announced for the company, i have this suggestion :
Add for each type of story its own special type of quest.
1. “Peasants” can get a special quest to protect the village from a small gang of gangsters with unique rewards – money, reputation, a peasant who joined in, unique forks … a horse (old special bb joke)
2. Raiders – special quest on the seaside – battle with competitors and ship robbery
and so on, as last DLC shows- devs have 100% “OK” with the imagination and I think you will easily think furthe details by yourself.
The main idea is that these quests are unique – only for this origin history and with special awards. They can be repetitive (several times the same quest after a certain time with leveled enemies and awards) but not very often.
As usuall with perfect english ( no), Rus Bear.
I spent many hours in the new dlc and also specifically checked at many records of streams. and now I had a definite opinion on the morality checks in the new dlc.
This is especially noticeable and looks a bit strange on the example of my favorite (especially if you watch other people’s streams) orcs.
Many times I have regretfully seen situations when the killing of several youngs from a group of more than 10-12 orcs led to a panic of completely unharmed warriors and even a warlord.
let me suggest some changes
1. Berserkers can not get a reduction in morale in general, but they can also raise morale only by their own successful attacks and only for themselves( also maybe need some balance number of bersrkers in battle)
2. Warlord can not get the status of panic – otherwise he is not a warlord but a simple orc, he must be special. Just 1-2 brake morale, but not panic.
+1. For some team builds and special crysis type enemies it is must have addition of “life quality” that we need for loooong time )
looks like this brigant marksman has ” brain damage”…