This update adds a range of quality of life improvements that you guys have been asking for.
There are now options for both ‘Faster Player Movement’ and ‘Faster AI Movement’. Enabling these makes movement more or less instantaneous. Note that this only applies to actual movement and not movement skills (charge, rotation, etc).
Two more exotic new options are ‘Auto-Loot’ and ‘Auto-End Turns’. The ‘Auto-Loot’ option is for those of you who can’t remember to take loot after a won battle; you’re still presented with the loot screen to see what you’ve earned, but everything not picked up by you is automatically transferred to your stash once you leave combat. The ‘Auto-End Turns’ option is enabled by default for the behavior you’re used to. If you prefer to have to end all turns manually, and not have them end automatically as your men run out of Action Points, then disable this.
All of these options can be found in the ‘Gameplay’ tab of the game’s options menu.
On the content-side of things, this update adds an updated and revised look for the grassland plains combat environment. Plains are now generally more flat than before, with smaller differences in height level. Hills and cliffs will, however, make a comeback with assets of their own and some usability improvements as we get to implement actual hill and mountain environments for combat. Here’s how the new grassland looks in the game.
- Added optional ‘Faster Player Movement’ and ‘Faster AI Movement’ settings for combat.
- Added optional ‘Auto-End Turns’ setting (enabled by default). Disabling this will result in turns no longer ending automatically as your guys run out of Action Points.
- Added optional ‘Auto-Loot’ setting. Enabling this will result in automatically taking everything you didn’t already take on leaving the loot screen. Note that this may fail if you run out of space.
- Added additional information to tooltip of warning about weapons that are about to break.
- Added automatic configuration of laptops to use their Nvidia cards instead of integrated Intel HD Graphics when running Battle Brothers. Requires starting the game two times to take effect. You can override this in the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Added two new twists to ‘Escort Caravan’ contract.
- Changed combat environment for grassland plains to an updated and more detailed look.
- Changed ‘Escort Caravan’ contract to have the caravan provide provisions for the duration of the journey. The player’s own provisions won’t be consumed while on the road but may still turn bad with time.
- Changed relation mechanics slightly. Losing relations with a noble house due to player actions now also has a minor effect on the relation to all settlements owned by that noble house, and vice versa.
- Changed name of ‘Even Difficulty’ to ‘Normal Difficulty’.
- Fixed potential crash after combat ends.
- Fixed several issues with how faction relations work when more than one faction is present at a single settlement.
- Fixed wrong hitpoints in combination with certain traits and status effects after loading.
- Fixed camping button being greyed out still after reloading an earlier save during an active ‘Escort Caravan’ contract.
- Fixed issue with ‘Secure Cemetery’ contract.
- Fixed issue with ‘Raze Location’ contract.
- Fixed issue with AI use of Rotation skill.
- Fixed issue with AI potentially switching between weapons unnecessarily.
- Fixed armorer and blast furnace missing three helmets.
- Fixed display of some attributes changed by events not updating immediately.
- Fixed game not ending gracefully when quitting via Alt+F4.
- Fixed potential exploit when killing allied troops with AoE attacks.
- Fixed caravan donkey being a valid target for the ‘Rotation’ skill.
- Fixed various text errors.