We’re excited to announce that we’re working on another DLC for Battle Brothers called ‘Blazing Deserts’.
The focus of the DLC will be on expanding and enriching the existing world with a new land of burning deserts and lush jungles to the south. Across these lands you’ll find a unique culture loosely based on historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages built atop the ruins of the Ancient Empire in the world of Battle Brothers. You’ll find new lore and a different political system, equipment not seen anywhere else, and fresh contracts to earn your stay with. There’ll be a new late game crisis, new legendary locations and several new beasts roaming the wilds. This DLC will be our biggest one yet for Battle Brothers.
Here’s the rough list of features we’re aiming for:
- A realm of independent southern city-states with their own lore, equipment and services, as well as entirely new character backgrounds to recruit
- A new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil
- A gallery of company feats that grant permanent boons with which to customize your company to your playstyle as you progress throughout your campaign
- A variety of new opponents with their own fighting styles – from exotic beasts to desert raiders and southern armies quite unlike those in the north
- New environments both on the world map and in tactical combat
- Several new origins to pick for your company for a different campaign experience
- New banners, weapons, armors and helmets inspired by historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages
- New legendary locations and legendary rewards
- New contracts and events
- New crafting recipes for owners of the ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC
- Several new music tracks by Breakdown Epiphanies to accompany you on your travels south
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, we’ll explain all major features and most minor ones in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you’ll always know what we’re working on and why. We expect to be finished sometime in Q2 of this year and will announce a release date and final feature list once we’re closer to the finish line.
Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update again. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.
Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC!