This week’s update adds a new combat environment: the tundra. Flat and stony plains, sparse vegetation and a unique look make it stand out among the growing collection of different environments to do battle in. Here’s how it looks in the game.
Next up is a reimagined version of the forest environment. We have a pretty good idea now on what we want to do in order to have fighting there feel unique but at the same time get rid of some of the usability issues currently haunting it. While the new forest didn’t quite make it in this week, a related quality of life improvement did. You can now find an optional ‘Always Hide Trees’ setting in the game’s option menu to always hide the top part of trees, whether they occlude a character or not.
A large chunk of the last two weeks was spent discussing where we want to take the game from here, budgeting and planning things out. You can expect the result of this, a detailed blog post about what we’re going to add to or change about the game during the remainder of Early Access, right here next week.
Have a nice weekend!
- Added tundra combat environment.
- Added optional ‘Always Hide Trees’ setting.
- Changed smaller trees and boulders to only have their top part translucent when a character is positioned behind them, and no longer turn translucent as a whole, in order to make things more clear.
- Changed noble house contracts to be bound to a single settlement once they’ve been fully negotiated in order to avoid some potential issues if the player accepts them at a different location later on.
- Changed durability of some two-handed weapons and bows to be slightly higher.
- Changed ‘Wolfriders’ scenario to take place on tundra terrain.
- Fixed rare crash after loading a game from the worldmap.
- Fixed potentially wrong ‘Bought for’ values in the tooltip of food and trading goods after looting them or loading a game.
- Fixed issue with ‘Armed Courier’ contract.
- Fixed another issue of characters sometimes appearing as injured after loading when having certain character traits.
- Fixed barber missing a hair style.
- Fixed various text errors.