Battle Brothers will launch to Early Access on April 27th
Finally! We’re all giggly and excited to get the game out there and see what you guys come up with, how you’ll play it, what you’ll think about it and which ideas and feedback you’ll have!
The game will be offered in three different editions.
This includes the game in its current Early Access version and all future updates up to and including the full game release. It comes at a cost of 19.99$ – depending on region, your price may vary slightly.
The deluxe edition includes the game in its current Early Access version and all future updates up to and including the full game release. Additionally, all buyers will receive the complete Battle Brothers soundtrack as a digital download once it is finished and released. The difference in price to the basic edition will go directly to the fine musicians who are creating all the music for Battle Brothers. It comes at a cost of 24.99$ – depending on region, your price may vary slightly.
For those of you who really want to support us in the future development of Battle Brothers we also offer the Supporter Edition. Like the Deluxe Edition, this includes both the game itself and the soundtrack. In addition, you’ll get a digital lore book with a lot of background info about the world and its inhabitants, as well as our very first legendary item in the game, complete with a look of its own and a unique background story: Fangshire.
The Supporter Edition comes at 39.99$ – keep in mind this price is not about the additional content you get, but a chance for you to support further development of Battle Brothers if this is a project you truly believe in.
For all editions, please take note that both the soundtrack and the lore book are not yet done and will only be delivered once they’ve been finalized. You can expect them to be done at around the time the game leaves Early Access.
What’s in the Early Access?
The game is very much playable and stable with all core mechanics in place. It features several scenarios and an open world campaign mode with 20+ different enemies, 80+ items, 42 character perks and thousands of procedurally generated mercenaries for hire. Campaign gameplay is more sandboxy than the final game will be as the overarching story and endgame, along with more content and other features adding to the depth of the game, will be added as the Early Access progresses. The UI is not skinned yet, there will be bugs and the game balance may need some tweaking based on your feedback.
Here are the key features:
- Procedurally generated worldmap, tactical combat maps and mercenaries.
- Open and dynamic world simulation that is not scripted – your actions can actually alter the balance of the world.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witchhunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
- Field up to 12 Battle Brothers on large and varied tactical combat maps with different terrain and multiple height levels.
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each Battle Brother gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- One full hour of orchestral soundtrack with more on the way.
What’s coming next?
Battle Brothers already offers the chance to experience great tales of heroic battle, triumphs against all odds and devastating losses. We have the ambition to take it way further. Here is a list of major features we have planned for the full release of the game:
- Worldmap story and progression mechanic.
- Non-combat characters for your mercenary company.
- Scavenger-hunts for legendary artifacts.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Indoor tactical combat environments, such as dungeons.
- A fully skinned UI.
- More content: More enemies, terrain types, items, contracts, character backgrounds and at least one additional major enemy faction acting in the world.